It’s a fact: the great majority of today’s seniors would like to age in place instead of facing a move to a nursing home or assisted living facility. And for good reason: home care services empower elderly adults to experience safety and protection, while retaining the comfort and familiarity of home and their local community. When the difficulties of aging or chronic conditions cause concerns to arise about a senior’s capability to remain safely at home, professional home care agencies, like New Horizons In-Home Care, the senior care Eugene and surrounding area families trust, offer a viable solution.
Consider these leading ways that in-home care services often help seniors:
- Overall, home care leads to an increased contentment with life.
- Professional home care provides dignity, independence and comfort for aging adults.
- In-home care impacts healing. Research has shown that patients heal much faster in the home with support rather than in a hospital or nursing home; and the utilization of home care services creates a dramatically lower chance of re-hospitalization during recovery.
- Home care supports and helps families stay together, enabling them to be more engaged in the senior’s care.
- Home care provides personalized care customized to the needs of the family and the senior.
- Senior care services are provided one-on-one, supplying more private attention and care than a nursing home or assisted living facility. There never is a requirement for a senior to wait for his or her turn when care is needed.
- An in-home caregiver can prepare balanced and healthy meals that are appetizing to the senior and also monitor the total amount of food consumed.
- A tailored daily fitness program recommended by a doctor can be implemented, with the additional safety of a professional caregiver being with the senior.
- The comfort of the familiarity of home is invaluable, whether that includes simply relaxing in a favorite chair or savoring a daily cup of coffee in a familiar breakfast nook.
- Home care provides accompaniment and transportation to and from various medical appointments, social events or errands, allowing families increased quality time together in addition to more peace of mind.
New Horizons In-Home Care’s professional care experts provide personalized senior care in Eugene and surrounding areas that serve each senior’s distinct needs, making it possible for enhanced safety and wellbeing, right in the comfort of home. Contact us online or call us any time at 503-400-3000 in Salem, 541-752-9059 in Corvallis, 541-997-8115 in Florence, or 541-687-8851 in Eugene, for more information and to request an in-home evaluation.